I know I have been MIA from the blogging world for a few weeks, and I'm sorry. The past couple weeks have been filled with a lot of hard decisions. I am officially moving back to Kansas City next month. I will have a new job at the Childrens Mercy Hospital where I previously worked. However, I'm trying a whole new side of nursing by working in the Orthopedic Surgery clinic- an 8 to 5, Monday through Friday, no weekends or holidays job. It will pretty much be the opposite kind of schedule from what I've had for the past four years, and I'm both excited and nervous to do it. All of my friends who have switched from night to day shifts have told me how much better I will feel, and I am sure I will. I can't even imagine it right now.
So anyway, my first day in KC is January 11th. Its coming up quickly, and it is a bittersweet feeling. I love love love Austin, and I love my job here in Austin so much. But I just hate missing family things, missing my parents, my brothers, my nieces, etc. I guess you just have to go out and experience some things before you realize where you truly belong. I am going to miss Austin a lot, but I know deep down that I belong near my family.
Anyway, wish me luck. Its going to be another busy month with packing(what I just unpacked a month and a half ago from my last damn move. ugh.) I'm trying to get as much Austin favorites in before I leave. Mom and Dad are visiting next week, so I'll get to show them the best of an Austin Christmas as well.
2 comments:
That's great news Katie, it will be nice for you to be closer to your family. I'm sure you will adjust very well to the day shift thing, especially the no weekends and no holidays!! Hope you have great holidays!!
I have a friend from nursing school who works in the ortho clinic! I'm so glad you're coming back! You will have to come visit us on your lunch breaks bc I'm moving to days as well! :)
Post a Comment