Saturday, December 5, 2009

Glass Case of Emotion

13-12! Seriously???!?!? As I will say for the millionth time, I hate a defensive game. I am so tired from the tension that I felt during that game that all I want to do is stare at a wall. Or blog, I guess. Our defense was amazing, brilliant, near-perfect, etc. It was so disappointing. My dad and I spoke before the game and decided that we would feel good as long as we only lost by 2 touchdowns or less. I knew this would be a hard game. I just didn't expect this kind of game. I'm so proud of how far we've come. It is a testament to all of our new coaches. It wasn't too long ago when we could barely squeak out 5 wins. Now this.......this heartbreaking end

I decided to stay home to watch the game because I love watching Nebraska football with Nebraskans. I knew that watching it with Texas fans would only piss me off(excuse my language). I just think about my friend's blog, and the way he described how it was different being a Nebraska fan. Although Texas has a great following, it isn't the same as ours. This is why, no matter where I live, I will let you know where I am from. There is not one person that I know here in Austin that does not know I'm from Nebraska. Even though I watched it home alone, I was fielding calls, texts, and Facebook comments throughout the game. Nothing like a devastating loss to bring fans together. :) So proud of the team. They didn't give up. They had heart. That's all you can really ask........since asking the refs to make calls for your team is usually illegal(unless you are Texas and then you get an extra second on the clock so you won't lose. just for funsies.)

Until I'm in a better place about this loss, I will sign off here. God bless the Huskers. They really put up a fight.

No comments: