
I feel like my body is already ready for the switch from night to day shift. I have had the worst time sleeping during the day before working at night. Even when I am up all night at work, I still cannot sleep the whole day anymore. I used to be able to sleep from 8am-5pm without stirring. I did just have 6 days off, so I was surprised when I slept at all yesterday before going back to work. I even got a short nap in the afternoon, and I felt pretty good on my shift. But when I came home today, I fell asleep at 9am and was up by 2pm. I laid on my couch for 3 hours before I just gave up. It was so frustrating because I was so tired, but I couldn't go to sleep! I must have a guardian angel because I was put on-call tonight for work. This means that they can call me in at any time throughout the night(or hopefully, NOT AT ALL!)
The good news is I was able to stay around the house a little longer, and I'm going to try to get some shut-eye just in case. I was able to get some more cleaning done in preparation for my parents coming this Friday, and I am now back on the couch, still tired. Please give me some sleep, Mr. Sandman. I've still got 3 weeks of night shift to go!
No comments:
Post a Comment