Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Happy Sandra Bullock Day!


My friends(Robin & Jessie) and I knew that we wanted to see "The Blind Side" starring Sandra Bullock ever since we saw the first preview months ago. Unfortunately, it came out the weekend before Thanksgiving, and our schedules were booked for weeks. With a little elbow grease and schedule changes, we were able to select today, December 9, 2009, as Sandra Bullock Day. We had to wait a while to see it, but it was worth it.

Why do we designate it as Sandra Bullock Day, you ask? Well, we didn't just see the movie. As you may or may not know, Sandra Bullock is from the state of Texas and owns a restaurant here in Austin. It is called Bess Bistro, and it is found on West 6th Street in the heart of downtown. The food was delicious. I had a pork loin with blueberry glaze and southern grits, which was preceded by the greatest appetizer invention that I have ever experienced. Mac and cheese balls. Not only is it fun to say, but anything fried with cheese and noodles has all of the ingredients to make me a happy girl.

So after we ate dinner downtown, we headed over to the movie theater where I was, once again, thwarted by the concession guy. I ordered a medium diet coke, but was encouraged to take the large coke for only 25 cents more. Loving a good deal, I took it. Unfortunately, it was the largest cup I had ever seen. I tried to take a few sips of it during the movie, but dribbled a little bit when I did so. After a while, I just gave up. But the movie was fantastic! I teared up quite a few times, as it was very touching. Its nice to know that there are people that genuine and loving out there.

Anyway, Sandy Bullock Day was a great success. I had so much fun with my friends, and it reminded me again just how hard it is going to be to leave Austin.

No comments: