Friday, December 4, 2009

It feels like Christmas



"Its true where ever you find love, it feels like Christmas!"- Ghost of Christmas Present, Muppet Christmas Carol.

It is so wild to think back to last Christmas and how difficult a time it was. I was in Austin by myself, having to work the holiday, and I lived with a grinch. I teared up in the grocery store when they played "I'll be home for Christmas" because I would not be home for Christmas. I didn't even watch any Christmas movies. Had I not worked with my close friends on that holiday, it would have been even worse.

I think I am appreciating the season even more this year because of what I experienced last year. I put up Christmas decorations already, and I trimmed my tree after not having one up at all last year. Scarlet was totally confused as to why we had a tree in the house, but has not tried to pee on it yet. I love having the living room dimly lit by the Christmas lights. I also have Mom and Dad coming to visit me next week, and I will be returning to Kansas City a week after they leave for our family Christmas. This season really does feel like Christmas. It even snowed in Austin today.......no accumulation, of course, but it was there.






No comments: