Monday, December 7, 2009

Vampires are bloody awesome

First of all, you are welcome for the pun.

I don't think there is a reason for this blog other than I really want to remember what I thought the first time I read through the Twilight Saga. I will read these books again. I have always loved reading, and it can become quite an obsession if the book is THAT good. I remember reading "She's Come Undone" by Wally Lamb during the summer before my junior year of college. My friend, Joanell, lent it to me. It was completed in one day......me sitting on the couch. I don't remember if I even stopped to eat. (I'm sure I did ;) But I couldn't put it down. I had to know what happened next, how it ended, how the characters found their resolutions, etc. Maybe it is the "youngest child" in me, or "Veruca Salt"from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory ....."I want it, and I want it now!!!!" (can you just picture what the oompa loompas would think of my reading habits?) When I was younger, I would have to have my mother buy two or three of the Babysitters Club series at a time because I went through them that quickly. I should probably just get a library card, but I like keeping my old read books around. They are like my trophies.

I was given "Twilight" by my friend, and I started on my trip home for Thanksgiving. Just the fact that I was able to get through 150 pages on this trip(as I had been up for almost 20 hours by the time I started it) is a testament to how great these books are. It isn't classical writing, but it involves the reader in a way I hadn't experienced in some time. I felt the butterflies and electricity when Bella and Edward were together. My eyes annihilated the words at warp speed during the battle between Edward and James as I could not wait to find out how it all ended. Now I am into "Breaking Dawn," the last of the four series. I honestly going to miss it. They will still be fun to read for the second time, but this first round has been so fun. I have had 6 days off of work, so I've done nothing but immerse myself in these books. I literally wasn't able to put the books down, and I would still be reading "Breaking Dawn" had I not had a pile of laundry as tall as I am to contend with.

How am I going to wait for the other movies to come out? Its been fun being a teenager again. :) (especially without the awkwardness of braces and glasses and such)

No comments: