I've neglected my blog yet again. It is the holidays, and I will use it as my excuse until I can't anymore. It is really a busy time for me. I'm leaving Austin next Thursday, and it is getting harder and harder for me to believe it. Definitely bittersweet, and I'm not quite ready to write about my thoughts and feelings on the matter.
On that note, I thought I'd do a top ten list(stealing the idea from my cousin, Jeff, who has the best lists). For your enjoyment, here is a top ten list of what I've been up to over the past couple weeks and Christmas holiday.
10. Flew home to Kansas City, just in time for a blizzard(which really made me re-think the move back-especially when it was 60 and sunny today in Austin!)
9. Taught my ten year old niece everything she needed to know about the Twilight Saga, as well as used my influence to get her onto Team Edward. Also took her to see New Moon(making my fifth time seeing it. I'm addicted. We've covered that.)
8. Watched my dad's new snow blower (that he bought 4 days before Christmas) break for an unknown reason on Christmas morning after only clearing half the driveway. Of course, they were all out of snow blowers when he took it back to exchange. Poor Dad has had to shovel all of that crappy snow the midwest has gotten in the past week.
7. Made some easy cash at work by orienting nurses to our floor that had been in the nursing profession twice as long as I have. Yes, I got paid extra to reread my Twilight books.
6. Improved my scores on Rock Band while in Kansas City, and I was able to open up new songs to play because of it. "Living on a Prayer" by Bon Jovi and "Rock'n Me" by Steve Miller Band. I was in heaven.
5. Caught up on the phone with two of my best friends yesterday once I arrived home. It is never lost on me how blessed I am to have friends who keep in touch so well. We always seem to pick up right where we left off.
4. Picked up Scarlet at the dog hotel where she had 8 hours of playtime everyday. She almost slept for 18 hours. Dead weight.
3. While waiting for my luggage at the Austin airport, I was stopped by a TV reporter to discuss the "inclement weather" related to my hour long flight delay in Dallas. In short, we had to sit in the plane on the runway. It was raining outside, and I personally saw only one snowflake. I faked talking on my cell phone to get out of it, but they asked me anyway. So I was on TV last night, but I missed it. I'm so embarassed.
2. Tying up loose ends all over the place here in Austin- stopping cable, changing address, getting car inspected for the long drive home, etc.
1. Getting ready to work the last 3 night shifts OF MY LIFE starting tomorrow. To not have to be awake for 28-30 hours anymore.......I can't even imagine.
Oh yes, and I forgot the most important thing of all: We'll call it #1a. THE HUSKERS HAD A SHUTOUT IN THE BOWL GAME!!!!! Who's a happy girl? This girl.
No comments:
Post a Comment