Friday, December 4, 2009

Team Edward!


Feel free to roll your eyes. I held out on reading "The Twilight Saga" for as long as I could. However, I became a little curious with all of the hullabaloo with the latest film that I finally read the first book. My student let me borrow his, and I read it on my travels home over Thanksgiving. I should have known I would love it, as I love any kind of romantic story. Oh, I want my own vampire now. (yikes) I think I only held out because I didn't want to buckle to the pressure, but I'm glad that I finally caved!

Seriously, the book was very good and kept my interest throughout. I bought the movie, "Twilight" and I was a little disappointed in its portrayal. (I have decided it is forgivable because of Robert Pattinson-hello!) Tonight, I have started reading the second book, "New Moon" so I can see the movie. My friend, Jessie, read them a long time ago, and I used to tease her about wearing a head gear/retainer/insert embarassing teenage memory here. But now I understand. It is a guilty pleasure, but the good kind of guilty pleasure......not that reality show crap of late, but a wholesome literary masterpiece with everything I need in it.....romance, mystery, suspense....ahh!

No comments: