Wednesday, December 16, 2009

17 again


I'm not talking about the movie here. I just started laughing at myself tonight(by myself). I'm trying to stay up late to prepare for a grueling 6 out of 7 days at work starting tomorrow. What am I doing? I have Taylor Swift playing on my iTunes, and I've just finished reading the third installment of the Twilight Saga(again). Now I'm very sure that it will be my 28th birthday this March(not 18th), so I just thought it was a little bit funny. It is very obvious that I'm not in my teens(as I was in the above picture). If you don't believe me, you can count my gray hairs!!

I have always liked Taylor Swift, and I try to keep up on her a little more now that my niece, Anna, loves her so dearly. She seems to think its pretty cool that I listen to her, and I think its adorable how much she wants to talk about her with me. I have to keep the "cool aunt" status as long as I can, you know. I've gotten her a Christmas present(a hair straightener) that she has been telling people that she wanted me to give her since September when I let her use mine. I've never seen her so proud and confident with the way she looked. It was really cute. So anyway, I'm listening to Taylor in order to prepare for seeing her next week for Christmas.

As for Twilight saga, I think I've blogged enough about that for my reader(s) to know how I feel about that. I took Mom and Dad to see "New Moon" this weekend, and that would make my third time. (Hi, I'm Katie, and I am a twilight-aholic. ;) They liked it, and I even have my dad reading the books now!! I'm proud of him for wanting to read a book from a teenage girl's perspective. After all, he takes care of the kiddos too, so its important research, right? (I'm trying to validate my latest interest into the teenage pop culture. please bear with me) Anyway, that's my Tuesday night. OMG. LOL. SRSLY. (my attempt at teen text abbreviations....they crack me up)

No comments: