Thursday, December 25, 2008

Hallelujah. Holy shit, where's the tylenol??



Wow, I worked last night(Christmas Eve), and it was ridiculous. 7 admissions on our floor, 26 in the whole hospital. That's a lot for a normal night, folks. And it was Christmas freaking Eve. Parents are supposed to make their kids stick it out through the holidays, only to realize that they are still sick on Christmas night and flood the ER's. I was preparing myself for the Christmas night, but this.....no!! We had sick kids! Acuity was pretty high because the doctors obviously tried to send home any kid that didn't absolutely have to be there. So we were running our A's off last night. Straight caths, lab draws, IV's, nasal swabs, multiple cultures......Holy smokes. Didn't leave till 8am. (Time and a half, time and a half...)

Good grief. Santa, can I just ask for one more gift?? Give us a slow night tonight. Please. It's my third. The only way I got through this last night was the continuous playing of "A Christmas Story." ("Only one thing could drag me away from the soft glow of electric sex gleaming through the window...."

No comments: