I'm sitting in Denver International Airport right now waiting for my flight to Austin. I am sooooo excited to get home and sleep in my own bed. Also, I'm excited to go to the gym. I feel absolutely gross right now. There is so much people watching that you can do here. I feel a little bit like a spy right now because I'm sitting in the waiting area, and people have no idea that I'm writing about them.(and that 3 people might read about it! :)
One of my favorite movies of the Christmas season is "Love Actually," which starts and ends in an airport. It is showing people coming off the plane, finding their loved ones, etc. The message is that with all of the crap in the world, love really still is around. Unfortunately with the terrorist threat, I can't see it in the gate area because loved ones are not allowed past the security. But I see it right across from me with the older couple holding hands while waiting for their flight. Now that is some PDA I can live with...
Here are some other things I have to say about my airport experiences day 1 and 2:
1) No, I don't want to sign up for a credit card. That's why I have my earphones in.
2) I hope that when I get older, you can tell that I am a woman and not a man(had one in airport shuttle with me)
3)Older people really have opinions about pillows(same person in the shuttle...she/he brings her own to hotels)
4)It is okay to turn the heat down in airports....I am dying here. Feels like I'm back in Austin, and not in a good way.
5.Kids don't get quieter just because you scream at them(goes for anywhere)
Only a half hour until my flight supposedly boards, however I have the distinct feeling its going to be a little later. Murphy's Law.
Addendum: Finally am home in Austin. Nice to be back, and my roommate is gone, which is even better. Just Scarlet and I ruling the roost. The flight ended up being delayed about 50 minutes, but fortunately, my luggage was in Austin and easy to find. The only bad thing about the flight was that the girl sitting next to me was throwing up in the air sickness bag. I tried to focus on other things, like my previous blog. "It sucks that this girl is blowing chunks next to me, but I am thankful for my family and friends".....see how I did that? Lemons into lemonade ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment