1) The Famn Damily.
My parents are my best friends and always the support I need whenever I need it. There really aren't words to describe what they mean to me. My brothers and their wives are great people as well. We have a great time together, and I've been blessed to see them quite a bit this year including our big trip this past summer to Disney World.
a) NIECES!!!!
a) NIECES!!!! These wonderful creatures deserve their own subset. I can't even put words together for how much I love these four girls. Each one of them have their own pe
rsonality and can make you laugh. Its amazing to watch them grow up from little babies into little people. Definitely been a great journey so far. For some reason, they all love being around their Aunt Katie, and I'm so blessed that they do. You just never know what they will say, and that's what makes it so fun. For example, we were sitting at dinner, and Gracie(age 3) was pulling her shirt up(who doesn't??). Maddie, her older sister(age 6), started doing the same thing because I was laughing. Maddie then said "my breasts are bigger than Gracie's." and I lost it. Love them!
2) Wonderful friends
rsonality and can make you laugh. Its amazing to watch them grow up from little babies into little people. Definitely been a great journey so far. For some reason, they all love being around their Aunt Katie, and I'm so blessed that they do. You just never know what they will say, and that's what makes it so fun. For example, we were sitting at dinner, and Gracie(age 3) was pulling her shirt up(who doesn't??). Maddie, her older sister(age 6), started doing the same thing because I was laughing. Maddie then said "my breasts are bigger than Gracie's." and I lost it. Love them!2) Wonderful friends
I have friends all over the place....Nebraska, Kansas City, Minneapolis, Chicago, Austin, etc. The best thing is that I have so many people to count on when I'm frustrated or sad, or when I'm excited or happy about something. No matter how long its been since I lived by them, we've still been able to remain close. Its nice to have people in your life who will put that much effort into a friendship. My friendships are so important to me. I am convinced that I am friends with some of the funniest people in the entire world. Seriously, we are hilarious.


3) The J-O-B
I'm always so thankful that I have a job that I actually don't dread going to. I work with some pretty great people who I can learn a lot from. We also like to have a little fun from time to time. It has made my transition to Austin a lot easier. Its always great to work with nurses that you can count on for help and teamwork in time of crisis, and that is what I have at Dell Childrens.

4) The pup.
I am thankful for her everyday. That sweet little face and those sad eyes, and always wagging that tail. Its so nice to have someone happy to see you when you get home. I couldn't make it through the tough times in Austin without her to cuddle with. My baby is growing up so fast!


5) MUSIC!
To say that my world stopped when my last computer broke would be an und
erstatement.....losing my musical library is one of my biggest fears as I have worked so hard to perfect it. I love music so much and have written numerous blogs explaining.I love that I know the words to all of these songs, and I love even more that I know the backup singing for a lot of them too. I hate to brag, but that is LOVE! I'm thankful for Motown because it gives me the smooth songs about love. I love the 70's because it gives me the disco tunes that I groove to. I love the red dirt because it gives me a reason to pull out my cowgirl boots. I love the 90's pop music because it reminds me of the awkwardness of being a teenager. I could go on and on. ABBA, Earth Wind and Fire, Temptations, Cross Canadian Ragweed, Eli Young Band, Stevie Wonder, Michael Jackson, Jamiroquai, Hall and Oates, Phil Collins, Bonnie Raitt, Rose Royce, Peaches and Herb, Brian McKnight.....I am thankful for all of you.
erstatement.....losing my musical library is one of my biggest fears as I have worked so hard to perfect it. I love music so much and have written numerous blogs explaining.I love that I know the words to all of these songs, and I love even more that I know the backup singing for a lot of them too. I hate to brag, but that is LOVE! I'm thankful for Motown because it gives me the smooth songs about love. I love the 70's because it gives me the disco tunes that I groove to. I love the red dirt because it gives me a reason to pull out my cowgirl boots. I love the 90's pop music because it reminds me of the awkwardness of being a teenager. I could go on and on. ABBA, Earth Wind and Fire, Temptations, Cross Canadian Ragweed, Eli Young Band, Stevie Wonder, Michael Jackson, Jamiroquai, Hall and Oates, Phil Collins, Bonnie Raitt, Rose Royce, Peaches and Herb, Brian McKnight.....I am thankful for all of you. 6) HUSKERS!!
Like you didn't expect this one! :) We have made our way to an 8-4
season and probable berth in a NEW YEARS DAY BOWL. This gives me so much joy.....a month ago, I did not see this happening. Like I've discussed with my friend, Jason, love for Husker football is real and deep. Its an ugly kind of love. But its right. When they play badly, I feel badly. The sun does not come out as brightly....HOWEVER, it is now. I am sure we'll have our work cut out for us in the bowl game, but just getting here this season brings a tremendous amount of hope to me and the whole state of Nebraska. Miracles do happen.......(i.e. 57 yard field goals on a 4th and 25. what what!!)
season and probable berth in a NEW YEARS DAY BOWL. This gives me so much joy.....a month ago, I did not see this happening. Like I've discussed with my friend, Jason, love for Husker football is real and deep. Its an ugly kind of love. But its right. When they play badly, I feel badly. The sun does not come out as brightly....HOWEVER, it is now. I am sure we'll have our work cut out for us in the bowl game, but just getting here this season brings a tremendous amount of hope to me and the whole state of Nebraska. Miracles do happen.......(i.e. 57 yard field goals on a 4th and 25. what what!!)7) My ability to dance.
In all honesty, I'm not that good. Never had one lesson. Signature moves are snapping and teeter-tottering. However, I have fun. I will find a dance floor anywhere as long as the music is good. So I guess I'm thankful for jukeboxes too. This excerpt from Sex and the City is what my friend, Joanell, says I've danced like before. And its Charlotte, which is even better. I love Charlotte.
8) Ice cream.
Not much else to say. Just really like it.
Those are just a couple things that I couldn't do without in my life. Life can be pretty frustrating sometimes, but the good things are what get ya through.

4 comments:
Are you sure your dancing isn't more like Elaine from "Seinfeld"?
It depends how much I've had to drink!!!
You guys are too funny. Know wonder I love being with my children so much! You make be proud! Love ya, Yo Mama
Whoops! wrong "Know/No". I was thinking of writing something else with the Know....love ya. Yomama
Post a Comment