Monday, December 22, 2008

What's with you today? What's with today, today?

Interesting facts about ME!!!!!

When I was little, I wore a patch because my eyes would cross. No business like strabismus.

I am a pediatric nurse because I'm too immature to hang out with adults EVERY day of the week.

The funniest thing that ever happened to me in college was when I pulled scissors out of a mug with three pens, countless bobby pins, and a magnet attached. How do you ever expect something like that?

I have two good friends named Katie/Katy. When people meet us at the same time, they are blown away that we ALL have the same name. I can't explain it.

I could eat Pei Wei everyday.

While I am awake, I smile about 95% of the time. Mom and Dad require it because they paid for my braces in junior high.

I'm from Nebraska. While I may not know a thing about husking corn, I do know a thing or two about the Cornhuskers football team. And my love for that team is real and deep. Real. Deep.

Music is my favorite thing in the world. Jukeboxes are my instrument of choice.

I receive at least one text a week from someone telling me they heard "PYT"or another Michael Jackson song in a bar. I love this.

I'm trying to turn myself into a runner. I'm hoping its as easy as hanging out with other good runners, but I'm starting to get nervous that there is more to it...

I don't like to stir the pot, unless its the bullshit pot. Then I use a mixer. Sarcasm is the other language I speak. I pretend to speak Spanish, but then I say butter instead of banana, and my cover is blown(mantequilla??platano??) Both are amarillo(yellow).

I can relate any situation in my life to a tv show or movie I've seen. I think people find this incredibly impressive, but I can't get them to admit it.

I have a basset hound. She protects me by barking at the washing machine when its loud. I appreciate the thought.

Sometimes my hands shake a lot. When I was in Honduras on my mission trip, this made the locals nervous. Could've also been because I was giving them shots.

When I'm singing to babies at work, I usually draw my songs from Whitney Houston's greatest hits. Sometimes they still cry, but they've never asked me to stop.

I want to go back to grad school, but the thought of not getting to read for pleasure anymore just makes me sad.

I decided to take kayaking lessons because lakes make me nervous. On my second day lesson, my instructor said it looked like I'd been kayaking for at least 2 weeks. I'm hoping that my talent continues to grow at an exponential rate.

Other things about me: I like caramel italian sodas, friends who can be straight with me, people who mean what they say, poetry, pajamas, 70's and 80's music, the color green, jim henson's muppets, meeting new people, volunteering, hugs, two-steppin, and sleep. I don't like seafood, socks and sandals together, when starbucks tells me they don't know how to make caramel italian sodas, mean parents at work, closed minds, and not driving the speed limit.

2 comments:

NAVALDAN RAMBHAI LANGA said...

To Ms. Katie

I have read some of your posts. I like the immediacy of your language, the pleasant manner in which you narrate the events. I would certainly revisit your blog for reading more from you.

If you like short stories and paintings, then a visit to my blogs would be an entertaining event.

Naval Langa
http://cleanfiction.blogspot.com/

Becca said...

i feel like i know you oh so well now! can't wait to see you on new years! it's official....i'm in!