Wednesday, December 24, 2008

I'll be home for Christmas.....

If only in my dreams........ :(

Its Christmas eve, and I'm putting off sleep. I am going back for my second night of three tonight. Its going to be okay. I've been pretty sad about missing my family time at home. The whole crew will be at my parents' house tomorrow, and I won't. I hate hate hate missing it. But its going to be okay. I opened my presents this morning while on the phone with my mama. I'm wearing the pajamas that they bought me for Christmas right now(because I always wear a new pair of pajamas on Christmas eve.)

Tonight, I go to work with my Austin family. Luckily, I have Monica there(my big sister in Austin), as well as a couple other friends who have become pretty good people to have around. Its different, but its not all bad. We'll still have "A Christmas Story" playing in the breakroom, and I'll do my impression of the little brother who can't move around in his big coat(although I won't be bringing my big coat to work.....its 70 degrees today, son).

So I hope everyone has a merry Christmas. I'm going to try my best to make it a good one. Its nice to know I can feel this much love from so many people who are so far away. One of my favorite Christmas carols says, "Where ever you find love, it feels like Christmas...." I don't have any one in my family here with me over the holidays, but I know how much they love me. And that's a pretty nice present.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Christmas was not normal without you there. As I said before, I had a big hole in my heart on Christmas this year. Even though you weren't with us, you were thought of and spoken of often by everyone. You were in our thoughts and prayers. Now it's gone, and we look forward to 2009. You have big plans with your KC friends, so know you will have a good time. Just remember that no matter where you are, you are loved more than you could possibly know. Merry Christmas my love. Mom