Saturday, January 3, 2009

I feel like myself again!

I just got home tonight from my New Year's trip to Kansas City, my former home. Good grief, I had so much fun. It was just what I have been needing! I love having friends that can pick it up right where you left off, and that is definitely what I am blessed with in this crowd. So many made an effort to see me and spend time with me, and I really don't have words to explain how wonderful and special it made me feel.

New Year's Eve was absolutely crazy. We went to the Brooksider all dressed up, and it was so much fun. Pictures are absolutely ridiculous, and I still laugh so hard that I cry when I look at them. Just something about these gals....We tease each other constantly, and we usually have the giggles. (I have the giggles quite a bit if you haven't noticed.) Anywho, its just great to be around these girls. They know me so well, and they love me no matter what I do. (dancing the beat it dance all by myself......what?!?!?) I even requested my favorite beastie boys song that night, the dj played it, the crowd(of course) loved it, and the dj came up to me to give a high-five. If that's not the right way to start 2009, I do not know what is!!!

January 1st was pretty great too......my Huskers have a come from behind win. This, of course, foreshadows to a very successful 2009 football season. At least I think so. (Big 12 champs.....San Antonio....one hour away from me!!!) Always thinking ahead like a carpenter building stairs. It was a great game to watch!!!

I know its only the 3rd of January, but I have a good feeling about this year.

1 comment:

MaryBeth said...

Katie! How can you feel like yourself when you haven't updated in 2 weeks! I need an update on my hot chickie in Austin!