Well, its all but official. I could be getting out of my awful living situation, and I couldn't be more relieved. I did not realize how much it was really affecting me until I signed the check for my new apartment, and tears welled up in my eyes. Kind of like I'd been trying to make the best of what was happening, trying to laugh at the ridiculousness of what I was experiencing instead of letting it own me......Yet now that there is an end in sight, it was like I could finally feel how terrible it really was once I was able to imagine how good life was going to be again without it. It just sucks not feeling comfortable in your own home! Now I'll be able to let my dog walk freely in my apartment, sit on my couch and watch my tv in my pajamas if I so choose because I don't have to worry about the strangers staying overnight in my apartment or walking in with a key with my roommate not even being home, no more worrying about where my laundry basket will be when I get home from work, or wondering if I'll get a nasty note or text message over spilled milk(literally).
I'm so excited about my new place. It reminds me so much of my apartment in Kansas City, and I loved it there. And it will only be a month until I'm there. Mom is coming to help move, and I've been reminded of the awesome friends I have here in Austin by the many offers to help me get out of "the house that sanity forgot." Still have to wait for the "official" approval by my apartment village for the transfer, but then all systems will go. And although I know my friends will be disappointed not to have the daily "guess what she did today!!!!!" anecdote from me, I think it will be good....no, GREAT....to move on to another subject!
2 comments:
Im glad Katie! I didn't enjoy the "look what that jerk did again" things. I was just disappointed that you had to deal with that.. and Scarlet. Please place photos of Scarlet "walking freely". :) Im happy for you sweets!
I was just thinking how great it will be when I no longer have to worry about you just living in your own apartment. The crazy train will be gone and life will be normal again. Lots of life lessons with this one. Just hang on....almost there! Love ya lots, YoMaMa
Post a Comment