
I mentioned earlier that Megan came for a visit last weekend. She and I have quite a bit of fun together, and this was absolutely no exception. So thankful for her to have come down to visit especially with the crap that I've been dealing with at home. It was really nice to have a good friend staying with me, even though it was only for a few days.
Megan came in on Thursday night, so we went out to dinner at Manny Hattan's(one of my favorite places....mainly for the black and white cookies!!!) I then took her to Dell Children's to meet all of my friends at work. We then came back and watched "Copycat," one of my favorite thriller movies of all time. Its about a psychotic serial killer who copies the works of past serial killers and is obsessed with a psychiatrist who specializes in the subject. Megan had bad dreams, but she told me she could handle it!!
We woke up on Friday and headed down to Barton Springs Mall for some shopping. After we did our part to stimulate the economy, we headed back for a little disco nap from 5p-7p before getting ready to head out on the town. Night one was full of debauchery. As always, we were "on ten." Plenty of good stories and a couple injuries on Megan's part(road rash), but we made it through okay.
On Saturday, we headed down to South Congress, one of my favorite areas. My friend, Rose, met us for pizza at Home Slice and a cupcake at Hey Cupcake. Of course, Hey Cupcake reminded us of one of the best lines in the tv show "Arrested Development"......Heeeey brother! Megan and I continued to say that to each other for the rest of the night. After our time on SoCo, we went back to my apartment for yet another disco nap. (I love Megan because she needs as
much sleep as I do). Then we got ready for night two in downtown Austin......this time meeting Rose and my new Austin friends. Again, we took it to a whole notha level and had so much fun. After the bars closed, she and I stopped at IHOP for some breakfast......and no, we did not get the bottomless stack of pancakes. But we were hungry.....We had a lazy Sunday, just hanging out back at my apartment and looking over old pictures from our concert series and other nights on the town. It was another great visit from a friend. I've been really lucky to have some visitors down here, and I can't wait for some more. Please visit me! :)
1 comment:
haha! Megs told me about "Heeey brother". Then she said said "Heeey..." (I can't repeat it because it was really inapproriate and hilarious!) It was about a TTC story I told her. HAHA.
Post a Comment