I haven't posted in a couple weeks. Again, I have no idea what I've really been doing. To quote "The Tale of Two Cities," it has been the best of times and the worst of times. Let's start with the bad stuff, so we can just get it out of the way. My living situation has hit an all time low here. I love my apartment complex and all of that, but my roommate has been absolutely unbearable. We moved down here as friends, but are anything but that at this point. She's been very difficult to live with, and I don't want to really get into much besides that. I will say that I have a bachelor's degree in psychology, and some of her actions I'm very familiar with from my abnormal psych class. I'm looking at my options at this point because our lease is not up for 6 more months, and its very hard living in this environment. I'm not one for confrontations, so this has been a particularly difficult situation. Your home is supposed to be your safe place, and mine certainly is not. So that really hasn't been fun.
On the bright side of things, I am making a lot of new friends down here. I've even met some girls to go out with on the weekends, which has been awesome. I work with one of them, and she introduced me to the rest! You know how I like to get down and dance....so do they! They even know the song PYT! Megan(my dear friend from KC) visited this past weekend, and she was able to meet some of them. We had an absolute blast this past weekend, and I will probably write another blog about it later. So great to see her. Its just been nice to find a niche down here, so its slowly starting to feel like a home here. Not to mention the amazing weather! Seriously, this week is in the 70's.....of course, I will be working most of it because I took so many days off for Megan. But just the fact that its that nice when I take Scarlet for walks is AMAZING! I remember last winter in KC taking that little pup outside so much(still learning to house train)....I froze my baguettes off!!
In other news, I am anxiously awaiting my mama's visit the end of February. I threatened her with the fact that it would be the last time she would see her baby as a 26 year old, so of course, she is obliging me. She is also going to be here on a Wednesday, so I can take her to Poetry Slam. I have blogged about it before, but I seriously love it. Mostly because it gives me a reason to get out of my shitty living situation, but its also great for a lot of other things. It just takes my mind off of whatever might be going on with my life, and I can just listen to other people's thoughts instead of my own. Its a nice vacation(vacation from my PROBLEMS.....from the movie, "What about Bob?"--anyone??) Plus these people are so talented, articulate, and entertaining. I get very intimidated, but the ones I've met so far are very cool.
I also have a trip to the windy city planned for my birthday weekend. Seven of my beloved DG sisters will be in the city to help me celebrate my journey into 27. I am tickled pink. We're all over the place, so any time we can get a group of us is such a blessing. So I've really got a lot to look forward to, and I'm trying to focus on that. The hard stuff going on won't be what I remember in the future anyway, it will be the good times. And I've got a lot of those just waiting to be had!
No comments:
Post a Comment