Thursday, April 30, 2009

La-dee-da




I had a pretty good day today. Just finished working four shifts in a row, so obviously was pretty tired. I woke up this afternoon to put my last payment in for my trip to Mexico for my friend, Carrie's wedding. Hopefully, this swine flu business will get under control pretty quickly so the headache can be gone. My trip's cost was over a hundred dollars less, which I attribute to the swine flu. So at least something good has come out of it so far...... :)

Tonight, I went to Uncle Billy's Brew and Que with some friends. I had been there once last year before I moved here, but I was nice to go again. I just love South Austin, and I think I may move down there at some point. It might just be Austin in general that I love. I have been feeling pretty homesick for KC and Nebraska lately, but tonight reminded me of why I love Austin. We just sat outside eating BBQ and drinking beers on the patio. There was red dirt music playing in the background. I love Barton Springs Road because it has Chuy's, Shady Grove, Austin Java, and other very "Austin" places. Outside. Laid back. Good stuff!













In other news, I'm going for a visit to KC this weekend. So excited. I miss those girls so much! My friend, Susan, who I work with here in Austin, is from the KC area as well. She will be visiting there this weekend as well, so we are going to merge our friends this weekend for some nightlife fun. Should be a good time, and as we always say in KC "ON TEN".

No comments: