
I'm done with my four night shifts in a row. Whenever I work a long stretch of 3 or 4 nights, I am so excited to get home. Its as if the sun is shining brighter in the morning when I leave work, the birds chirping, the songs sweeter.... It just means that I don't have to hurry home, take the dog out, and rush upstairs for a sleep that is never long enough before I have to head back to work. I am always running late. Just ask my mother, who always loves to call while I'm getting ready. (3 years of night shift, and she still hasn't learned). I'm not as sweet when I'm running behind!
Anyway, I do love
my job, but it can be stressful and tiring. I love my days off(as anyone does). After my long stretch, I like to lay on the couch and catch up with my DVR shows. I haven't seen TV in 4 days, and its a great way for me to relax since I no longer have to critically think or anticipate my patient's needs. It is my wind down. There are 3 shows which I absolutely love to watch the old reruns of....Arrested Development, Will and Grace, and Scrubs. I've seen them all a bajillion times, but I can't get enough. Just a little light comedy to cool my jets, so I can drift off to sleep for a couple hours on the couch. Its a good day.
No comments:
Post a Comment