Tuesday, April 21, 2009

A little dirt never hurt


Oh, its been a crazy couple of weeks. You can always tell that my life is nuts because my apartment mirrors that. Seriously, its a mess. It would probably be easier to move. I love living in a clean and organized space, but it can be hard to keep up with. Let me run you by my past few weeks. Work four nights in a row(sleep all day to prepare), gone for a week to Nebraska, then work four nights in a row. This leads me to where I am today.......piles of laundry and dishes in the sink, clutter everywhere, and carpet that severely needs vacuumed. Its not filthy, just cluttered. Whenever I work my long stretches, I pretty much live in "survival" mode. This means I sleep until the exact possible time I can in order to get up, take the dog on a walk, have a quick meal, and drive my 15 minutes to work. I've been trying to work my hour trip to the gym in as well, so that also takes time. Sleep is precious, especially when you're a nurse.

I'm trying to tackle the apartment one room at a time, but I just really hate cleaning. (Hence, I'm blogging instead of putting another load of laundry in).My mom is so good at it, and she does it constantly. She always says she has no idea how her children turned out the way they did when it comes to organization. Maybe it was our little way of rebelling...in that case, she is very lucky. But she knows this.... :) The kitchen is done, now on to the bedroom. Ugh. I hate cleaning, but I always feel better in the end. I need to get on it. Eyes on the prize, I guess. Frick.

2 comments:

MaryBeth said...

LOL! I forgot about Frick! If it makes you feel better, I am the exact same way! I just had to clean my kitchen because th at is the area that gets the most dirty. And I currently have 2 loads of laundry.. clean and still not folded (and its been like 1 week since I cleaned them)

Anonymous said...

I am so proud that you are cleaning Katie. I thought you only did that just before I came to visit. (Kidding, kidding).
Wish I was there to help you. Lots of love, yomama