Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Visitors, Visitors....Part One






Jenn came to visit me over Halloween weekend, and it was a great time. I tried to get some good stuff planned, some of which we couldn't do because I was hungover(I'm almost 27 now, its hard for me to rock it like I used to....and sometimes I forget that ;) But it was a very good weekend anyway. She arrived on Thursday night, and I took her to eat at the Flying Saucer in the Triangle, which is basically a Zona Rosa type area. Very cute. On Friday, we hit South Congress, one of my favorite places in Austin. I took her to Home Slice Pizza, which I have blogged about before. This place is seriously in my top 5 favorite pizzas of all time. We then walked through the shops, and the people were out in full force today AND already dressed in their costumes by early afternoon. Austin definitely loves Halloween!!


Friday night was the big night out on Sixth Street. I dressed up as Audrey Hepburn from "Breakfast at Tiffany's." I love to be fancy! Also, I watched the movie twice that week to prepare myself, so I could be "top banana in the shock department" like she says. We had a little get-together with some friends in our apartment complex prior to getting on the party bus to head downtown. And just as I remembered, it was NUTS down there. Literally wall to wall people for the whole Sixth Street district. We had to hold hands in order to make it through the crowd to our bar of choice. The costumes were hilarious though(and some creepy), but overall it was a great night! I even got to meet Michael Jackson!!! On Saturday night, we got dressed up again for a couple more Halloween parties that my friends were having. Not as crazy a night as Friday was, but still a lot of fun.


On that Sunday, I woke up at 6am to go downtown for my very first 5k.....The Race for the Cure. I had only slept 3 hours, but the other girls I was running with had worked all night. So we were all very sleep deprived, and what is more fun when you're sleep deprived than being around large groups of people....... It was really fun, and I can't wait for my next one! My friends and I decided we will run one every month now! Once my race was over, I went back to get Jenn(who got to sleep in a little more than I did...lucky girl), and we went downtown to the Drag and walked around UT. It was a beautiful weekend as far as weather goes. We could not have asked for better. For Jenn's last meal in Austin, I took her to Chuy's followed by dessert at Amy's Ice Cream. Yummmm! I was really sad to see her go. I loved having a friend to explore my city with, a lot more fun than doing it by myself. It means a lot to me to have someone come all the way here! So if anyone else wants to come.......you are WELCOME!!!!

No comments: