
Lather, Rinse, Repeat......Visitor, Work, Repeat.....My parents came to visit this past weekend, and it was the first time that my dad had been to Austin with me living here. I had a jam packed schedule for our weekend, trying to get the highlights of Austin down(according to me :). They also arrived on Thursday night, and I took them to Z Tejas, a Southwestern/Tex-Mex Grill up north in the Arboretum by me. It was amazing food, and we were able to watch the sunset over the gorgeous hill country nearby.
On Friday, I again took them down to South Congress for what????Home Slice Pizza. Seriously, can't get enough of that place, folks. So good!!! I also introduced my dad to "The Onion," a great newspaper for those who don't know it! We checked out the shops for a while down there, then headed to the outlets in San Marcos. Most people know I enjoy my shopping, so this place thrills me to no end. Huge place with every store I could ever dream of. Mom and I were powerwalking through, and poor Dad went off on his own. He doesn't like shopping with us when we're in places like this ;). After a few hours of that, we headed to New Braunfels, the small German town about an hour south of Austin. We ate at the Gristmill for some down home cooking in an old cotton gin right on the Guadelupe River, then walked over to Gruene Hall to see Cory Morrow in the oldest dance hall in Texas. I think Mom and Dad enjoyed the concert, or at least the people watching. Really great place for people watching!!! :)
Saturday was also a great day. We went to the Cool River Cafe, where the Cap
ital of Texas for Nebraskans alumni association has Husker football watch parties. We watched the game with my friend, Jason, whom I've known since junior high, and we even ran into a girl I went to junior high and high school with. It was soooo much fun, and then win definitely helped! It was just great being around real Nebraskans while watching the game. We are definitely our own breed of fans, but when we're together, it doesn't seem as strange :). After the game, we had some down time, then I took them out to the piano bar on Sixth Street to meet some of my new friends in Austin.
ital of Texas for Nebraskans alumni association has Husker football watch parties. We watched the game with my friend, Jason, whom I've known since junior high, and we even ran into a girl I went to junior high and high school with. It was soooo much fun, and then win definitely helped! It was just great being around real Nebraskans while watching the game. We are definitely our own breed of fans, but when we're together, it doesn't seem as strange :). After the game, we had some down time, then I took them out to the piano bar on Sixth Street to meet some of my new friends in Austin. Sunday was our most lowkey day. We went to the Alamo Drafthouse to see the movie, "Role Models." Then I made us some dinner, and we watched our Sunday night shows. I love hanging out with my parents. Having brothers so much older than me, I've been lucky to get a lot of one-on-one time with them in my life. We're like peas and carrots. And it wasn't too difficult to say goodbye when I dropped them off at the airport because I will be seeing them in 2 weeks for Thanksgiving!!! Yay!
1 comment:
Thank you Katie for a fun time in Austin. You have a great city with wonderful friends. Thank you for sharing them with us. The only thing I have to say is....UGH, THE PICTURES OF ME!!! Love you lots and can't wait till we see you again in a few weeks. Yo Mama
Post a Comment