Wednesday, November 12, 2008
They call me KatieMo
Austin is starting to feel a little bit more like home now. I've made some pretty great friends at work, and the sarcasm level is on high most of the time. You know I like that! :) They appreciate my no-nonsense talking with little babies, and they even understand what it means to do things to "cope" with the tough career we are in. Most importantly, people around here are starting to call me "katiemo," my nickname since I was in high school(thanks aol instant messenger!!). Its nice to have people know me again and know my nickname. When I was in KC for Erin's wedding this past October, one of the greatest things that happened all weekend was at the Dark Horse when one of the guys there gave me a high five and said "whats up Katiemo?".....who doesn't love a high five anyway? :) Its definitely getting better down here now that I've found some people for some support. Moving down here pretty much by myself was very difficult, but I am fortunate to be able to meet great people in my job who are actually normal and a lot of fun. I really lucked out when I was in KC to meet such great co-workers who turned out to be wonderful friends as well, and it seems like I may be just as lucky here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Is it bad that I teared up at this entry. I miss my KatieMo! I am really glad that you have met such fun and cool people down there!
Post a Comment