Sunday, August 3, 2008

Live Music Nightly....

I've been asked my several people, "So why did you move to Austin?" and the answer is usually difficult to explain. After all, I don't think many people would really believe that I came just for music. Of course, its not the only reason, but its one of the main ones. I found red dirt music at at a time when I needed a little inspiration, and I ended up getting so much more than that. As most of you know, I am a huge music fan and like all sorts of music. Every song in my library has some sort of memory with it, and I think that's why I like music so much. You always feel something when you hear it.

Most of my music cds are what I like to call a trail mix of tunage, except unlike real trail mix(as my friend Katie says), your hands don't get so salty. :) So to some of you, it might seem silly that I traveled as much as I did just to see concerts, but I just think back to all of the good things that came out of me finding red dirt music, and it really makes sense. I made some really good friends and even reconnected with old friends because of this stuff. It also made me brave enough to move so far from home. It might sounds silly, but I think I found parts of myself when I found this music.

The first song I ever heard was Cory Morrow's "Beat of Your Heart," and some of the words in it were exactly how I was feeling at that time in my life. So I researched and researched(dorky, I know), and I found that Reckless Kelly(another red dirt band) was playing in the KC. I was able to convince my 6 Henson co-workers that this could be fun, they actually believed me, and the rest is all history. Since March 2007, I have been to 27 concerts, some by road and some by air, but all with great memories. I even own a pair of cowgirl boots. Never in a million years did I think I would own a pair of those! The concerts are so much fun, and the boys always ask you to dance like the gentlemen that they should be. (I think that's the Charlotte in me! :) More often than not, you also get to meet the bands, and they are so thankful that you come to see them. So with all of my traveling to see live music , it just made sense that I move to the Live Music capital of the world!


1 comment:

Yo Mama said...

So if I get a Red Dirt Band to come play at home, will you move back???? I miss you. :-)

Yo MaMa