Thursday, August 14, 2008

Ocho? More like Idiota!

I didn't sleep well today. I'm in the middle of a three night marathon at work, and its my first weekend back on nights. I have all the same things that I remember from my first trip into the dark side: nausea, headaches, insomnia---and that's just me, the nurse. Oh well. Things will get better once I get used to it again. Didn't sleep very well today though. I felt bad leaving Scarlet in her kennel all day when she had been there all night(usually the pup sleeps with me). I tried letting her hang out in my bed, but she has ADHD and would not hear of it. So I'm trying something new tonight---she is in my bathroom(faux wood floors, no carpet) with a lot of toys. Its a bigger area, so at least she can move around. I'm hoping I don't have too many surprises when I get home in the morning. My little girl is growing up.....
So due to my lack of sleep, I've been doing my best to stimulate myself with the news of the day. Now that I am back on night shift, I have a little more time to keep up with what's going on. Well, tonight, I have found some very interesting stories. Take a look....


Chad Johnson, wide receiver for the Cincinnati Bengals, is looking into changing his last name. Last year, he wore a jersey with the words "ocho cinco" on the back instead of his own last name. Since this breaks NFL rules, the kid was fined $5000. The National Football League refuses to allow this, so its really his only other option. It reminds me of the Friends episode where Phoebe changes her name. Since she just got married, she goes down to city hall to change her name and finds that she can really legally change it to whatever she wants. She decides on Princess Consuela Bananahammock. Her husband, in order to show her how silly this is, decides to change his name to "Crap Bag." Once she realizes how embarrassing it is to introduce people to her husband, Crap Bag, she changes her name back to Phoebe. (She also finds out what a banana hammock is too! I'll tell you later, Mom.:)



For all of the things in the world to take a stand about, I just don't think this one is worthwhile. Sounds to me like Chad needs to earn less money, so he can recognize the value of a dollar. How many mouths could $5000 feed? Don't get me wrong. I think its very important for people to express themselves, but this is a little ridiculous. Take the time you're wasting with this changing your name nonsense, and go back to school. Maybe learn some real Spanish(and find out that eighty-five is actually "ochenta y cinco.") This kid is in dire need of attention. If he really wants to make a splash, he should change his name to Crap Bag. No one would expect it.

2 comments:

MaryBeth said...

This one was pretty funny! I really enjoyed reading it and I laughed out loud quite a bit! Im sorry your having a difficult time transitioning to nights, hopefully someday soon you can go back to days. Its not a big deal if you go to days now since you won't be leaving me on nights! So what Im saying is- you have my permission

MaryBeth said...

Katie, what is the deal. One week and no updates.. Im having withdrawls!