Monday, August 4, 2008

So proud of my friend.....


Just using this to brag about my friend, Joanell. She is currently training for a triathlon in Chicago, which takes place on August 24th. It consists of a 1 mile swim, 25 mile bike ride, and 6.2 mile run. This triathlon is in support of the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, a cause that is very near and dear to my heart. When I worked at Children's Mercy, our floor took care of the kiddos with CF. As a result, I really got to know a lot of them because of their frequent and long hospital stays. Although they are just young kids, they have an incredible weight on their shouders that most of us can't even imagine. For those of you who aren't familiar, cystic fibrosis is a genetic disease that messes with almost every organ system in your body, especially the lungs, pancreas, and GI system. The average life expectancy for a person with CF is only 35 years right now. Its an awesome cause because right now, there is no cure. Any help at all really can make a difference.


Anyway, I'm just very proud of her. She's been working and training a long time for this. I've always looked up to her(and not just because she is older than me.....only kidding, Joanell! :), but this is just another reason why!


1 comment:

Yo Mama said...

Way to go Joanell!

Yo Mama