My beloved Huskers' first game is in 26 days! I'm so excited. Most of you have some recollection of the disaster which was our 2007 season(what kind of team scores 51 points and loses?), so the hope and excitement I have right now is at a frightening level. We've got a new coach with new ideas and new attitude, and our old coach(a legend) is our athletic director. In other words, there is a lot to be excited about!
Today is the first day of fall practice, which commenced at 3:45pm this afternoon. It was preceded by a press conference in which Bo Pelini and our star players took to the microphone to discuss the team and the goals for the season. For anyone who knows anything about Husker football, the fans are just as important as the players that run the plays on the field. I think last season, we all lost hope in what our team was capable of. That was the first season I ever turned a game off in the middle. Being born and raised in Nebraska, there's not much that is as important to our people as our beloved football team. From reading what Coach Pelini had to say, I feel so great about what's going to happen this season. We may not win all of our games this season(next season though :), but I believe there is going to be vast improvements all over the place.
I'm also excited for the first game, as it is my first trip home since the big old move to Texas. This will be my 13th home opener in a row, so it was imperative that I make an appearance. Streaks are big in Nebraska, and we don't have as many as we used to now. (Darn that Coach Callahan!) However, I'm ready to do my part for the team while I'm there! 26 days and counting!!!!
1 comment:
Howdy Kates!
Yeh, Husker Season starting is exciting, but having you home again is way more exciting for me.
Can't wait!! Love ya!
Yo MaMa
Post a Comment