Saturday, August 9, 2008

Who says you can't go home??


My parents bought a house in Papillion! I'm so excited! They don't close on it until September 3rd, so I will just miss seeing it when I'm home visiting. But I'm excited anyway. Papillion has always been home to us. After all, it is my birthplace, and my dad was one of the first pediatricians in the town. (It only makes us famous in my eyes :)I have heard that its so much different there now, but some things are still the same. Ming's(my favorite Chinese restaurant EVER) is still there! Plus you can't go wrong with a Super Target close by. I used to go there over lunch when I was in high school because I was the yearbook editor and could tell our yearbook sponsor that it was for school purposes. Tara Hills Golf Course is still there where I met Joel Mackovicka(Husker fullback--BIG crush!!). Also, Papio Pool was where I spent all of my young summers with the neighborhood boys. (I collected comic books and played football with them too)And then there's all of our old neighborhood folks who remember me when I was little and how my parents had to put the fence up because "little Katie wouldn't stay in the yard." Its nice to have people who have known you your whole life. I'm excited for my parents to get back there! Home is where the heart is, and ours has always been in Nebraska! (There is no place like Nebraska!)

2 comments:

MaryBeth said...

I think I see someone moving back to Nebraska soon. You are speaking very fondly of your home town, I kind of miss it and Im not even from there! You are so descriptive, I thought I was in Nebraska!

Yo Mama said...

Now to make everything perfect, would be when you finally come back to Nebraska (specifically Papillion/Omaha). Until that time, you can always come "home" and visit as often as you like. Your room will always be waiting. (I promise not to let others use it unless it's absolutely necessary!) So, you can come home and fix it how you like and leave a few memorabilia there. (then I can go into the room and pretent you do live there are are just out with your friends! :-) I know, I'm crazy.

Miss and love you a bunch! Yo Mama