Its been forever between posts this time, and I'm sorry. I've been preoccupied with some things, but I won't let that happen again. Just finishing my third week on night shift....one more week and I'll be a REAL nurse again. It will be nice not having someone follow me around while I do my work. Don't get me wrong, everyone is really nice....I just like to get in my routine, and it can be difficult when you have a different preceptor every shift!
I did get a really nice compliment from one of the people I work with last week. She was an older woman, care assistant on the floor. She told me that I was a "ray of sunshine." and that they were really glad I was there. It was really nice to hear. They, of course, don't hold a candle to my 6 Henson ladies, but its nice to hear that I'm appreciated. When I told this story to one of my new friends, he said I was a "happiness explosion." I'm not sure about that, I just don't think he's known me that long. I can get a pretty sharp tongue if I need to, can't I Mom?? :)
Sooooooo I have some big plans this weekend. First of all, flying into KC on Thursday and having some much needed beverages with my dear friends there. Mom and Dad's house will be totally packed up and ready to move, so Mom and I are staying in a hotel down on the Plaza for that night! Heading to Lincoln on Friday for the weekend(a BIG RED weekend), and will be able to see many friends there as well. My friend, Hunter, and his new fiance(whom I've never met) will be there. Hunter lives in Australia, however he's back in the states due to a Visa mishap(Australia's fault). I'm glad he is still here though, so I can see him. Also will have the BF Natalie down there as well, as well as some of my favorite DG sisters! Saturday will be a day full of tailgating and meeting up with old friends. I cannot wait!
On Sunday, I get to finally see Mom and Dad's new home in Papillion. Its weird that I haven't seen it yet! I need to pick out my room. Mom says I get to decorate it however I want to(so she can set up that shrine to me like she's always wanted!) So thats basically it....I head back to Austin on Tuesday, and back to the real world.
I am loving Austin, but there is truly no place like home!
1 comment:
I am so excited to have you back with me again. It's been almost two whole months since I saw you last. I don't think we have gone that long for a long time. I need you in my life...you are my "happiness explosion", or atleast you are most of the time. But whatever, I love you always and love having you around. I know the days will go by really fast, but don't want to think about that right now. So glad you are home! Much love, Yo MaMa
Post a Comment