I've had a week off of work, and I'm heading back tomorrow. Here are some thoughts in my head right now about what happened to me during this time off.
*My back hurts.I ran 2 miles yesterday(which I never do, but I'm trying to switch up the workouts a little), and I have been paying for it. I was able to exercise again today, and I tried to stay active so I wouldn't stiffen up. So much for that. Right now, I'm laid out in my bed with my legs elevated, ice on my back, and muscle relaxers and ibuprofen in my system for the second night in a row. Awesome. Its starting to help, but I feel old. I'll be using a walker by age 30.
*Another reason why I'm glad to be a Husker. Like I always say, they are very humble when it comes to smack talking about other teams. In today's Lincoln-Journal Star article, when discussing Missouri(who normally likes to smack talk or at least their fans do:), the Huskers said that the hype about Missouri this summer is fair. Our wide receiver said this :
“They deserve it until we can knock them off and actually beat them,” Husker senior wide receiver Todd Peterson said. “There’s not much we can do about it really. There’s not much you can gain by getting into chatter with things like that. We’re going to try not to talk too much this season and prove ourselves on the field.”
What good kids! :)
*I could watch "Friends" and "Will and Grace" forever. I love DVR.
* I've been looking into the GRE(graduate record examination....have to take it for some master's of nursing programs). I decided since I was so bored during my week off, then maybe it might be time to look into grad school.
*This is the first weekend that I have had to miss a family thing. My cousins, brothers, parents, aunts, uncles, and nieces were all in Lincoln this past weekend. One of the tough parts of being so far away, but I know there's no way they had as much fun as they would've had when I was there. Grandpa told me that we could go to Lazlo's(my favorite restaurant ever) when I come. Speaking of, I will be there in 3 weeks!
*My computer has a movie maker, and I'm thrilled. I have always loved taking pictures(hence, 3 boxes of pictures and a job as yearbook editor-in-chief in my past) I love having memories to look at over and over again. I also love music. Put those two together, and Katie has a fun-filled afternoon! :)
*No matter how old I get, I am going to love Disney movies, Disney World, etc. There's really nothing better. I just downloaded a bunch of songs the other day from my favorite Disney soundtracks. I may have Peter Pan syndrome, but that stuff takes you back to being a kid and simpler times. Who doesn't wish they were younger and could still be blissfully ignorant to all the tough things in the world. I wish this especially when I'm paying bills or getting up at 5am for my 12 hours shift! "A dream is a wish your heart makes...."
*I saw the Dark Knight, and its amazing. I was always more into the Marvel comics(X-men!), but this stuff was good.
*Sometimes forgiveness can be really hard, but you just have to hope that its worth it somehow. Like one of my favorite songs says, you have to get down to the heart of the matter. "The more I know, the less I understand, and all the things I thought I figured out, I have to learn again." Its so hard to forget bad things, but it helps to find the good things that come out of what happened. The older I get, the more I realize I can't control what happens around me, but how I react to it. Also, the older I get, I realize how much I still don't understand things, but I can't help but think that maybe I'm not supposed to. My mom says sometimes I'm too forgiving. And I think sometimes that's a fault of mine, but I would rather be this way than the opposite. I think life is a lot easier if you can believe in the good in people. I know this is a little abstract and probably makes no sense, but its just what I'm thinking about right now.
“Maybe mistakes are what make our fate... without them what would shape our lives? Maybe if we had never veered off course we wouldn't fall in love, have babies, or be who we are. After all, things change, so do cities, people come into your life and they go. But it's comforting to know that the ones you love are always in your heart... and if you're very lucky, a plane ride away”
*And here's a deep thought by Jack Handey in case you were getting sick of mine! "If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." Hehe!
That's it. Thanks for listening.
No comments:
Post a Comment