So I mentioned in my previous blog about Scarlet's little surprise in her kennel one of the nights I got home from work. For the two days following, she did much better, but woke up on Wednesday vomiting and having diarrhea(awful, awful stuff). So I called my vet in Kansas City, who said to bring her in. Fortunately, I was able to find a great animal hospital not too far from my home(thanks Mapquest!), and we were able to be seen a couple hours later. She threw up again in vet's waiting room(embarrassing), but all I could do was feel sorry for my little girl. She was definitely not herself, very lethargic. We finally got her into a room with the doctor, who recommended me leave her there so they could run some tests and get some samples. I called them that evening, and doc said that she thought it would be best if Scarlet stayed overnight.
She finally got to come home today around 5pm, and let me tell you, I was so glad to see her. I was so sad without her last night. Its strange walking around the apartment without having a little pup following my every move. I even had a dream last night where I was petting her. Maybe while she was alone in her kennel, she dreamt the same thing! :) I couldn't believe how worried I was about her, but everything is looking okay. She's still a little lethargic, but improving. We've got antibiotics and special dog food that she is supposed to have for the next week. She's definitely hungry, but we need to advance her slowly. After all, I am NOT waking up to any more dog diarrhea!
1 comment:
This blog brought tears to my eyes! I can just feel your pain all they way up here. I am glad she is feeling better, I've been thinking about her!!
Post a Comment