
Back to work. Back to work. Yesterday, I had my first half day of shadowing at Dell Children's. I will be doing the day shift at least through July, and I think I might like it. The girls I met that day were very nice and seemed like fun. They told me that they were very good friends on day shift because they all started together. I told them that was just like my crew on 6H. So many of us new grads starting together and growing as nurses. It made me miss my old 6H friends a lot, but I was glad to hear that they hadI such a good group here! Dell Children's does use Cerner Powerchart, so I guess it is a good thing that I had my last 2 days at Children's Mercy using the new computer system. The bummer is I still have to go to 2 days of computer classes, but my dad assures me that different hospitals have different things on their programs. I guess I'll have something to learn. :) I had to buy some more new scrubs because RN's have to wear navy blue scrubs on bottom. I already had 2, but needed some more so I got the Grey's Anatomy scrub. Now I can be one of the cool kids! (That's what the cool kids wear, isn't it?) I also met 2 new nurses who will be on nights, as they are training on days at this time as well. One of them is even from KC and graduated from Avila this year. What are the odds!
So the people were pretty great for the first day. It also felt good to be backon the floor doing nurse things. I really have only worked 2 days in the month of June because of my vacation to Florida and the move. I think I miss being a nurse! It will be an interesting week because I go back tomorrow for 2 more FULL days this time, and all I can do is shadow. Until I get the pediatric orientation, which is next week, I can't do nursing. Its going to be very weird to only watch what's happening when I'm used to doing things myself. Should be interesting!
No comments:
Post a Comment