Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Hello Dolly!


I guess I've officially experienced my first "hurricane" here in Texas. Dolly arrived on land today, but has already been taken down to "tropical storm." So much for any excitement, although my mother made sure to discuss with me the appropriate spots I could go in my apartment should there be a tornado. She likes to find things to worry about, so she's where I get it from. Austin is at least 3 hours inland, so we only get rain mostly. But today it rained pretty hard. I'm not sure how long it did . I came inside from walking Scarlet, watched a couple episodes of Entourage, then walked outside and it was wet. Tomorrow, the high will only be in the 80's, and I'm debating whether or not to get out my winter clothes. It will be the coolest day since I've been in Texas. Also, more rain and thunderstorms tomorrow. Sorry about the boring weather blog. Talking about weather is in my blood. My grandpa and mother watch the weather channel for fun. :)

1 comment:

Yo Mama said...

Hey you!
I loved this blog, weather you know. I love anything about weather. I'm glad to know that you're only getting a little rain. Watching Dolly coming close to Texas had me ready to jump a plane and drag you to the nearest basement. Then I remembered, Texas probably doesn't have basements, so I booked you a flight home till hurrican season is over. You can work from home if I have a telephone and a computer, right?

Take care of yourself, can't wait till Labor Day and you're home with us. HOpefully, we'll have a home by then in Omaha/Papillion or somewhere. Love you lots and miss you a bunch! Yo MaMa