Wednesday, October 14, 2009

What a ride it has been.....

I have finally hit a plateau in my crazy life at this time, and I couldn't be happier about it. I have been so busy lately: traveling, working extra, packing, moving, etc. In the past 4 weeks, I have been home for 2. The traveling has been my choice, and I have had so much fun on both trips. However, its just good to be home and STAY home for a few weeks. If I wasn't having to pack expeditiously for my move next week, my derriere would be glued to the couch until I had to work again. :)

So what have I been doing, you ask? Well, there was the trip to Kansas City and Lincoln that I previously blogged about. Once I came home, it was Austin City Limits. I absolutely love the experience of it, and I saw some great shows......Blitzen Trapper, Todd Snider, Phoenix, John Legend, Them Crooked Vultures, and Kings of Leon, to name a few. The weather was great for the first day, but it was rainy for the last 2. For some reason, Austin has turned into Seattle. We have had more rain than I ever care to have again.....drought? I don't think so!!! Anyway, John Legend was, by far, my favorite, but every show was great!

So after ACL and packing, I worked another 3 nights, then headed off to Massachusetts for my cousin Mark's wedding. I don't get the chance to see him or my cousin Jeff(his brother) that often, so I jumped at the chance to see them. Mark and Jeff(mostly Jeff :) are the other bloggers in the family, so I get to keep up on their lives through that. They were always so much fun to be around, and they did not disappoint on this trip either. They crack me up too! It was a great time catching up with them, and the rest of the Morans as well.

Mark's wedding featured Irish music in the ceremony and reception. My mom told me that my Grandma Moran would have loved it. She passed away when I was 6, so I didn't get the chance to know her very well. Mom told me it was kind of like she was there, which was pretty cool. Mark's new wife, Siobhan, was such a beautiful bride. I look forward to getting to know her better in the years to come, but she seemed great. It was a beautiful wedding!!

After the wedding, we had some time to explore Northampton(home of Smith College), and it was a pretty cool town. The buildings were all very old in their downtown, but it had a lot of neat shops and restaurants.....definitely a lot of character and history in the town. It was really fun walking around. I was pretty cold most of the time(I guess I'm adjusting to Texas too well.....a little embarassing to be cold there in MA because it wasn't THAT bad :)

On Sunday, we headed over to South Windsor, Connecticut(only 30 minutes from where we were) to visit my mom's sister and her family. We went out to lunch, then over to my cousin and his wife's home for some visiting. Unfortunately, it was short, but its always a good time with them as well. It was finally time to head home on Monday, which I was dreading because it meant packing was the only thing on my agenda.

Now it's early Wednesday morning, and I've made quite a dent. I still need to pick up a few more boxes, but I feel good about where I am. I just can't wait for the move to be over. The countdown is now at 6 days!!! I get excited every time I walk up the 3 flights of stairs to my apartment because these days are numbered. I will be living on the first floor in my new place, and both Scarlet and I are thrilled about it.

No comments: