Thursday, October 1, 2009

Trip to the Midwest!


Just returned home from my trip to Kansas City. It was another really good visit home, but not long enough. It gets harder to leave every time. But I got in a lot of good visiting with friends and family while I was there, and that is all that matters.

I was also able to spend some time in Nebraska at Grandma and Grandpa's house. They are doing very well. My brothers and their families were able to come over for some quality time as well, so I had lots of time with my nieces. My ten year old niece, Anna, had apparently been dying to straighten her curly hair, so my mom used my straightener on her. I have never seen her so excited. She could not stop looking at herself in the mirror. She looked so cute! She ended up asking her parents to take her to get her ears pierced later that day, something she had been afraid to do before then!

Of course, I made it to the Nebraska game. I invited my friend, Katie, to the game with me. She is a die hard fan as well, so we had a great time. What made it even better was the shut out!! Our Cornhuskers defeated Louisiana-Lafayette 55-0. There was an electricity in the crowd that I hadn't felt for some time. I think everyone was realizing that our team was heading in the right direction again. It was so fun. It was also the homecoming game, not to mention our 300th sellout! We even had a fireworks show after the win to commemorate the occasion. I wish I could make it back for more games. I love Husker football!!!

I spent my last few days at home in KC. I went out to dinner with my best girls, Megan and Jenn, on Monday night. I spent the next day with Dad, discussing history and politics over coffee, then went out for a lovely steak dinner with the parents to end the vacation. Now I'm back here in KC, and its back to work. Lots of packing to do this month before the move in a few weeks. Oh my.

No comments: