Sunday, October 11, 2009

Greetings from the East Coast!

It is late Saturday night, and I'm sitting in the hotel room in Northampton(or Holyoke. I forget :) Mom and Dad are asleep. My body has adjusted well to the schedule change, but I'm still a night owl. The weekend has been a success so far.....and not just because of the Nebraska win on Thursday night(although its a BIG part of it!!!!)

I worked 3 nights in a row before my travels on Thursday night. I was able to get in about a 2 hour nap on the flights before I finally joined my family in Massachusetts. The Nebraska-Missouri game was on Thursday evening, as well as Mark and Siobhan's rehearsal dinner. Needless to say, sleep wasn't in the cards for me for a long time. I think that I was awake for maybe 31 hours, but the Husker win gave me that last push of adrenaline to make it. However, the lack of sleep made me extra crabby during the first 3 quarters when our offense was trying its best to make us lose. Thank goodness for the Blackshirts!

All in all, its been a great weekend so far. I will write more later when I get home(if there is a chance in between my marathon packing!) We're supposed to see my mom's sister and her family in Connecticut tomorrow afternoon. I guess it just wouldn't be a vacation for me if we didn't have a million people to see. Busy busy busy!

On a side note, I am loving the fall weather and color changes of fall. It is so beautiful here, and Northampton and Holyoke are such cool towns. I'm trying to take lots of photos, but I keep forgetting!

No comments: