I am on my second night of five straight nights of work. This is the first time that I've ever worked 5 in a row, so I'm hoping I can make it through. I have quite the schedule for the next couple weeks, as I am working 8 of the next 10 nights(11 of the next 15- who wants to be me?) In the middle of all of this work, I am also moving to my new apartment(awesome). I'm sure I will make it through just fine, and a big paycheck will certainly help me feel better about it. But that doesn't mean I don't want your sympathy now when it is not as fun. :) But the night is going well so far(knock on wood). I'm stuck in the back pod by myself, and I have my Ipod playing. Could be worse.
So far, our floor is about 3/4 full. All of my patients are actually neuro kids, which is a nice change. Our floor hasn't been overrun with the respiratory kiddos just yet, and I'd like them to stay away for as long as they will. Honestly, I don't mind them that much. In fact, I thoroughly enjoy suctioning(especially of the nasotracheal variety.....that mucous has no chance against me!). It's nice to be able to help a baby breathe by removing the crap that they aren't able to cough up. Instant gratification. However, I do not enjoy the sat monitors that go off constantly or having to use the protective equipment each time I enter a room. Oh well, no job is perfect.
I have completed the last of my address changes, and I have all of my ducks in a row as far as the move is concerned. I am so excited to get it over with and be in the new place. I think Scarlet is ready to be out of boxes as well. She seems confused because the mess in the apartment is a lot bigger than normal. :) (always a little messy.....part of my charm, right Mom???) I'm definitely looking forward to having it all done, and I'm hoping to be canceled one of these 5 nights . It would be nice to have a little more time to prepare for Monday and Tuesday, but I'll survive either way.
1 comment:
Oh I definately understand your pain. PPE is not one of my faves. And wow! A 5 in a row.. you are crazy sister. But I def agree- the extra money can be nice. Now, don't you and Scarlet get too comfy in your new place. KC still needs you and your inappropriate humor (because thats how we cope).
Post a Comment