Friday, July 31, 2009

Rollin' on the River

Today, I went with some friends to float on the San Marcos River in San Marcos, Texas. San Marcos is about 30 minutes south of Austin. Floating the river is a big draw down here in Texas, and there are plenty of rivers to do so. Down in New Braunfels, there is the Guadelupe and Comal Rivers that are floated as well. This was my first experience floating, so I was a little nervous. I'm not a big fan of deep waters anyway, and some talk of water moccasins(snakes) almost had me refuse my invitation. But I did it, and it was great!

All you do is go floating on black tubes, drink beers(or water, like I did....too hot!), and you're done in 4 or so hours. We did see some turtles, but no snakes. I hope I go again soon! But I am beat right now. I can barely move right now after floating all day. Scarlet is so bored with me right now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You didn't tell me about the snakes until AFTER your trip! Good thing as I would have tried talking you outta going. I don't like snakes!!! Glad you had fun. Love ya, Mom