Sunday, July 26, 2009

Houston, I'll be seeing you!


My friend, Jessica, just moved to Houston for a fellowship at the med center there. She was in Delta Gamma with me. She and I did almost everything together in college, and we've stayed in touch pretty well ever since. I always have so much fun with her, and I'm so excited to have her nearby. Houston is a little under 3 hours, but its a very easy drive. Its sort of cute actually, getting to drive through some small Texas towns. I think I'm going to enjoy having someone so close! And like with all of my DG friends, a million years may go by before we see each other, but we never miss a beat once we get together. There aren't enough words to describe how thankful I am for that.

I went to visit her last weekend, and we had a great time. I had never been to Houston before, but she was very easy to find. Jessica lives in a really great part of town- "Midtown." We were able to walk to most restaurants and bars, reminded me a little of where I lived when in Kansas City. She took me to some great places to eat, and we also hit the bars both nights. In my old age, I'm not as used to drinking two nights in a row, but I did it. I didn't even get a chance to take any pictures on this trip because we were chatting so much, so I'll have to get some next time.

We've already discussed her visiting Austin soon, and I'm sure we'll have many more visits to come. One of these times, we'll be hitting a country concert and doing a little two-stepping down here. We'll also be able to hit up some of the Nebraska Alumni watch parties in both Austin and Houston too. I can't wait!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Am glad you have some old friends close to you now. But still waiting for the time you'll return to your roots and be closer to me. Love ya, mom