Sunday, July 12, 2009

A big old break!

Right now, I'm in the middle of 5 days off, and it is wonderful. I have not been off for this long and able to stay in Austin since probably April. I love my travels, but its so nice to just be home and relax. I know Scarlet likes it. It took a couple days to switch to waking up in the morning, but today I did. I woke up at 745 after about 7 hours of sleep, and it was super. For those of you who don't work night shift, that is a feat in itself. Its already 230pm, and I've been on a mile walk with Scarlet, laid at the pool for a couple hours, and read 130 pages in my book. I'm reading a Nicholas Sparks book, "The Choice," that my mom left here for me. Its an easy read, but I like reading books like this by the pool. Its my favorite way to spend a summer day!

Friday night was my first night off. I went to see Dale Watson and Spoon at Stubb's downtown. Its a reasonably small outdoor amphitheater, but its right off of Sixth Street, so it is close to everything. I went with some girls I work with, and it was a lot of fun. It isn't music that I normally listen to, but it was a great show. I like any live music anyway. Can't beat it here in Austin! Since then, I've just been relaxing at home. Its been awesome. I've got some Will and Grace on in the background, and Scarlet is snoring as she takes her afternoon nap next to me on the couch. She takes after me, always sneaking naps in whenever she can! :) But I don't pee on the floor, so I don't know where she got that.

In other news, Grandpa is recovering well from his stroke. I was able to talk to him on the phone yesterday, and his speech is amazing considering it was only two weeks ago that it all happened. Grandma is doing well too. I am so thankful that they are doing well. I love them so much, and I'm so excited to get back to Lincoln for some football games this fall. They're excited for it too! And another big update, my parents are moving back to KC this fall. It just seemed to work out better for them to live there. My mom is getting promoted from the job she previously had in KC, and Dad is going to work in the Urgent Care. So 2 out of the 3 Morans are going back to Childrens' Mercy, and Mom keeps hoping that I'll get up there to complete the trio once again. Its definitely not out of the question, but I'm still liking Austin, so it will be a while. But I'm excited for them to be back in KC. I did like it there, and I have some wonderful friends up there that I'm excited to see more of.

Anyway, its about time that I get to the gym. I am hoping to head downtown to Urban Outfitters, then maybe catch a late movie if I have time today. I love summer.

What I'm listening to: "Carribean Queen(No more love on the run)" by Billy Ocean

"Ah, Billy. After the Arctic and Pacific, you're my favorite ocean."- JD, Scrubs.

No comments: