Thursday, July 30, 2009

Living in Fast Forward


I can't believe it is almost August, first of all. That's all I have to say about that, but I just really wanted to throw it out there. Summer is almost over.....well, for all of you NOT in Texas. Our summer weather will continue through to November, which is why I love it here so much!(although the amount of days over 100 degrees with decrease, and that will be splendid). But time has really gone quickly!

Second of all, today was my first day off after working 5 of the past 6 nights. After a long stretch of days, it is so nice to relax at home. But I've got some fun plans for these 4 days off. Tonight, for example, I went out to dinner with some work girls, then we headed over to the Poetry Slam. It was a slam scrimmage because the National Poetry Slam is next week. Team Austin hosted 3 other teams from surrounding areas for a scrimmage, and they performed swimmingly. Just awesome. I can't even describe how amazing they are, but it was really a great show. I expect good things to happen for them next week. They definitely have the talent to bring it home!

Now I'm just sitting at home with Scarlet, and we are watching Scrubs reruns(surprise!). Tomorrow morning, I have a lovely 90 minute massage, and it is going to be FABULOUS. I've been working out a lot more lately, and the muscles are tired. My apartments have a masseuse that works out of our fitness center. I am paying 70 bones for a 90 minute massage, and it is an awesome massage too. I had one last year, so I know! Anyway, good times ahead for me. Its going to be an eventful four days off!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad u r getting a massage. Sounds wonderful. You'll be here in less than a week..I'm so excited. Love you, mom