Thursday, August 20, 2009

Where in the world is Katie?

So this has also been quite a busy month. Holy smokes!! I will try to update as best I can(with pictures, of course)

August 1st--Robin's Bachelorette in downtown Austin. We started out with a great Mexican dinner at the Rio, followed by good old-fashioned sing-alongs at Pete's Piano Bar. Last, but not least, we ended the night at Rain, a gay bar downtown and a heck of a good time. Robin was a care assistant on my unit, so we became good friends over Farmtown, talking about our pups, and good old-fashioned sarcasm. She is a hoot.

August 5th- Flew to KC, and Mom and Dad moved back into our old home in KC. I am actually excited that they were able to move back. Mom is taking over her old boss's job, and Dad will be working in the Urgent Care.

August 6th- Drove up to Lincoln for the day to pick up Mom's car. Also able to see lots of family. Grandma and Grandpa seem to be doing pretty well. Also got to see my nieces, and Anna is a super big fan of Taylor Swift. All she can talk about!! Its really cute. I also was able to see Natalie, my best friend in the world, since she finally moved from Minnesota back to Nebraska this summer. So excited it will be easier for us to see each other. I hadn't seen her since November.

August 7th-9th- Drove to Seneca for Julie's wedding. Julie is my sorority sister, and it was such a fun wedding. About 9 of us from my pledge class were able to get there for the festivities, and it was so great. We still have so much fun together and are constantly laughing. I drove Mom's Honda Pilot there, so I was the designated driver. All of us were able to fit in the car, and I felt like a bus driver. Lots of fun though.

August 9th- Dinner with Megan and Jenn, my favorite friends in KC, then off to Power and Light District for some drinks and people watching. There was a Motley Crue concert finishing up at the Sprint Center, so naturally some of the people were getting out of hand. We saw a couple fights, including one involving a cop, who we found out later, had a brain bleed as a result. Its awesome when people can't behave in public.

August 14th- I took the "Training for the Nurse Preceptor" class, so I am now able to guide young nurses in their beginning careers in the health field. I will shape young minds!

August 15th- Made deposit at apartments to move to south central Austin, just south of Barton Springs. Its one of my favorite areas, and I am super excited. Will be down there in October!!!

And now that brings us to where I am today. Scarlet and I are resting in between naps on my day off. :) Good stuff.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Whew! You make me tired with your busy life! Can't wait for your trip back. This time, the house will be unpacked and we'll be able to find things again. love ya, mom