Thursday, May 28, 2009

The sun is out.

I am hopeful that today is going to be much better. My dad was able to get his cardioversion completed yesterday afternoon after a bunch of tests to make sure he had no clots in his atria. He did not, so they continued with the procedure. It only took one shock to get his heart back in normal rhythm. They sent him home yesterday as well. When he was still loopy from the anesthesia, I asked to borrow his credit card, but he was sharp enough to say no. He did laugh, so it made me feel better that he was going to be okay.


Grandpa is also doing better. He did have to get 2 units of blood, but his oxygen need is down to 4 liters the last time we heard. That is the best he has been doing. Mom and I are eager to get down there this morning and see his progress. Dad will be coming later this afternoon.


I also want to say how awesome my friends have all been from me finding out I needed to get here to the supportive calls and texts I've gotten daily. My Austin friends took and are picking me up from the airport, and a couple of them are taking turns watching my dog while I'm away. I'm sure Scarlet is really enjoying playing with their dogs. All of that without me even asking. Its really nice to not have to worry about those things with the rest of this going on. My friend that Scarlet is staying with right now has 2 chihuahuas. Robin says they are doing well together, but I imagine Scarlet is a bit confused as a lot of her toys are about the size of a chihuahua. :)


I'm a superstitious person, so I won't say that I think things are going to get better. I will say that it was very rainy here in Nebraska on Tuesday and Wednesday, but it is clear and sunny today. Maybe that is the difference that we need.....

No comments: