Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Farmtown or Bust!

So its no secret that I like to go on Facebook. I'm as nosy as anyone else, so I love knowing what is going on with all of my friends. With so many of my friends being out of state, its an easier way to keep in touch with them with our busy lives and opposite schedules. So I do love the social aspect of this wonderful network, but then there is also something else I like as well......we can thank Robin, my friend and co-worker, for this one.

Its called Farmtown.


Aren't you an adult, you might ask? Was it 7 years old or 27 years old that you last turned on your birthday, Katie? Don't worry about it. Robin and I were sitting together on a slow night at work when she strong armed me into joining this gaming world. Its actually kinda fun though. It reminds me of Sim City that I used to play on our old computer when I was younger. You plant crops and trees on your farm land, hire people to harvest or harvest it yourself, and earn coins to spiff up your place, if you will. You can buy ponds(yes I did), farm houses, mansions, flowers, farm animals, etc. You can also harvest for your friends and earn some major bank as well.



There is also a marketplace where other "Farmtowners" go to hire others, sell their crops, or just hang out and chat. Its fun to hear some of the ways people advertise themselves when looking to be hired for a harvest. I am usually on while at work, so the people in the marketplace are from overseas somewhere. Kind of interesting....

We were able to talk some of our other co-workers into joining as well, and it has actually become quite the booming business. There are still some who can't cut it or don't have the dedication, but I guess they just weren't born to be farmers. It has also created many new and exciting nicknames for us. For example, our friend, Jessie, is now Jasper or "JASP" as we adoringly call her. Robin, formerly known as Reba, is now the proud owner of Rita's Rockin' Ranch. I am Kitty, and I call "Kitty's Buckin' Farm" my home.

Its nothing that will change the world, but it is a nice way to pass the time when there is time to pass at work. After all, our patients don't want us sitting over them staring all night. That's creepy.

No comments: