My grandpa didn't end up getting cardioversion today because they noticed that he had not been on blood thinners(not good because patients can throw a clot with this procedure). However, the doctor said that he is pleased with how the heart is looking, so they can hold off for now. So my mom tells me everything is looking okay. Thank goodness.
In other news, I'm at work all weekend, and we ordered food tonight(I got spaghetti and meatballs). I'm working in the surgical unit this weekend, and it isn't so bad. The kids just need their pain meds a lot more than I'm used to, so PRN's are being given 'round the clock. I do remember how mad I get at nurses when they don't give the pain meds to my family in the hospital in a precipitous manner, so I'm doing my best to stay on top of things. So far, everyone is fairly pleasant with me, so I must be holding up my end of the bargain.
They ended up closing my unit(neurology/neurosurgery) this past Monday, so I and my co-workers are floating to the other 3 units in our hospital indefinitely. The census in our hospital dropped very quickly in a day, so a quick decision was made by the powers that be to close us. I think the decision was made a little too hastily, but we're adapting. It was a little quick though. My co-workers and I showed up Monday night, and we were whisked away to other units while our
s was beginning to get cleaned. It was the saddest little mess I'd ever seen. Beds and couches were out in the pods and hallways. It looked as though a tornado had hit....or a big old college party. We've decided that we should spread the rumor that its been overtaken with poltergeists. Its really the only thing that makes sense. Pictured is the short lady/psychic from Poltergeist, the movie. Remember her? (Yikes)
Since then, we've actually had fairly decent census throughout the hospital.......Sooooo hopefully we'll open back up soon. I miss my familiar home.
s was beginning to get cleaned. It was the saddest little mess I'd ever seen. Beds and couches were out in the pods and hallways. It looked as though a tornado had hit....or a big old college party. We've decided that we should spread the rumor that its been overtaken with poltergeists. Its really the only thing that makes sense. Pictured is the short lady/psychic from Poltergeist, the movie. Remember her? (Yikes)Since then, we've actually had fairly decent census throughout the hospital.......Sooooo hopefully we'll open back up soon. I miss my familiar home.
1 comment:
Katie,
I'm so sorry to hear about your Grandpa, but I'm glad to hear he's doing better. My grandma is going through health issues right now too, and it's so hard! Sorry you are being floated too! That always stinks. I will say a little prayer for your grandpa!
Post a Comment