I ended up coming back to Nebraska on Monday morning. My grandpa took a bad turn on Sunday night, and we decided it was best if I headed home to be with everyone. Fortunately, he has continued to make improvements since then, and he seems to be doing well. He did give us a scare yesterday when his sats dropped, and he needed bipap for a while. When we left him last night, he was doing okay. It is still a little scary because he is so darn weak, and any bump in the road can really set him back. Still hopeful for a full recovery though, although it may take a while.
I had to drive the parents back to Omaha last night as my dad had a check-up with his cardiologist this morning. Dad knew he had been in some arrhythmias still, but figured the old pacemaker just needed some fine tuning. It turns out he has been in atrial fibrillation for the past 5 days, which is a complication of his heart condition anyway. Its also the same heart arrhythmia that my grandpa is in. We're not sure if it had anything to do with the pacemaker being placed or if it just happened on its own. Either way, its not the greatest news. So we have to take him back to the hospital today for an echo and possible cardioversion this afternoon if there are no clots. Like I mentioned in my previous blog about my grandpa, being in atrial fibrillation can cause clots to form in your heart. Depending on where they are, they can dislodge and travel either to your brain or lungs in the worst case scenarios. We're obviously hoping for the best here.
But seriously......month of May, I don't like you one bit.
1 comment:
Katie. Holy cow! You do have alot on your plate right now. I am sorry but I am glad that you are able to be in Nebraska for all this family drama. I got your message today while I was sleeping and when I got up to pee at 12 I saw it. I didn't write you back then, but I did say a prayer before I fell back to sleep. I hope all goes well and everyone behaves in the month of June!
Post a Comment