
I went back to Kansas City this past weekend for my friends' wedding. Erin and Jimmie met in April 2006, and I remember this date exactly because it was a power hour at the Dark Horse Tavern(where else?). It was the first of many power hours that we all had together, some of which will go down in infamy(make out friday, matt's toothbrush, etc). Some of the best times I've ever had was with the KC friends at the DHT. It was like Cheers....everyone knew our names(mom still tells me this is NOT okay???whatever:)
Anyway, the weekend was just awesome. I've been in Austin for four months now, so it was great to get back to see all of my old co-workers. Jenn picked me up at the airport at 10am(translation....I had to wake up at 3:30am to be at ABIA for my flight....stupid early!!). We went out to lunch at Power and Light District, followed by some horrible bowling at Lucky Strike. Horrible except for Jenn...that girl can roll! haha. Jenn also made dinner for Mary Beth and I that night, and Becca came over for some girl talk as well.
So I wake up Saturday morning after sleeping about 11 hours(much needed.....woke up at 3am the day before. I already mentioned this.) Anyway, I just felt awful...chills, stomach pain, nausea. I'm thinking how great this is.....short weekend in the KC, and this happens. I even ended up getting sick several times early in the afternoon. I felt so bad for Jenn. What an awful guest I was, curled up in the fetal position for most of the afternoon. But I did push myself to get up and showered, feeling a little bit better and keeping crackers down before we left for the wedding! Big step! Anyway, I powered through, and we made it to the wedding with no problem. Katy B and I did a mean guestbook that night!

The wedding ceremony was absolutely awesome, very intimate and elegant. It was outdoors, and the weather was perfect! Then we all went inside for some dinner, which I was able to keep down along with some sprites. Sooooo I thought it was okay to switch to beer, and things were totally fine after that. I was able to drink and dance the night away with all of my friends. This night was just another reminder of how lucky I was to start my career on 6 Henson with these nurses.....awesome people, so much fun, so funny!...We always had so much fun at work, and we had even more fun outside of work. Katy and I worked with the DJ to play our special songs...PYT, Canned Heat, Danity Kane, Movin' Out....and the music was phenomenal. I'm not going to lie, tears welled up in my eyes when PYT started up. It will always be a special song reminding me of the good times and dancing we had at Dark Horse.
And after the reception, where else did we all end up, but atthe Dark Horse? Always nice to see things come full circle. Great weekend!!! 

1 comment:
It was so great to see you. You looked phenomenal! Man.. has it only been 4 months. It seems like you moved down there a year ago!!!
Post a Comment