Thursday, October 9, 2008

Just figure it out already!!!




Last Thursday, my NBC station was turned off because I am a Time Warner cable customer. Yes, I know that is my choice, however the apartments that I live in work exclusively with Time Warner(monopoly much?). It hasn't been a bad experience. Whenever I've had problems(which have been few), they've been more than friendly on the phone and very willing to come out to fix things as well.


However, this latest debacle between KXAN/LIN network and Time Warner really has me steamed. I rarely watch TV because I work nights, but I look forward to watching "The Office" and "Lipstick Jungle".....two of a handful of shows that I can't miss each week. And I've had to miss both shows this week because these two companies are in negotiations over what KXAN/LIN calls "pennys a day per subscriber," which I really don't believe.....or would it really be this big of a deal? Apparently, KXAN/LIN wants Time Warner to pay them for retransmission of their signal, which Time Warner maintains is free to KXAN, so why should Time Warner have to pay them for something they get free? That's the story I heard...


Now I get to see annoying advertisements waging both side of the story on my TV.....There's enough smear campaigning going on from the Republicans. Its dumb. Thankfully I watch most things on DVR, so I can fast forward. It just seems rather petty and immature. Grow up, Peter Pan. Count Chocula. Just make a compromise, and fix the problem. I want my "Office" back.


No comments: