Thursday, July 22, 2010

Plunging head first


I was just using some free time this evening to look over my UMKC pathways website(the website I use for grad school to register for classes, pay bills, look over schedules, etc), and I found that I had been awarded my financial aid for the 2010-2011 school year. First of all, I threw up in my mouth a little. I was very lucky to have my parents pay for my college education, but I'm going it alone in grad school. Needless to say, these large sums of money(that will leave me with a lovely debt once I graduate in 3 years) make me a little nervous. This is the first time that I have really had to deal with and plan for my college payments, and boy, I'm a little scared.

I'll admit that I am good at spending my money and enjoying my free time, so going back to school is really going to be a life changer. The only thing I'm prioritizing ahead of school will be watching Glee every Tuesday evening. (Everyone needs an escape, right? :) But I'm going to have to cut down on a lot of things, and I may have to ban myself from Target since I can go there for one minute thing, and leave with $100 worth of things I don't really need. Oh boy. I think the whole fact that I'm really going back to school is starting to sink in. Only 4 weeks until classes start......

No comments: